|| QURAN AND TAFSEER
| Establishment :
|| This Department is going to function in future it will prepare programs relevant to Quranic Sciences for post graduate Levels.
| Introduction :
||The Department of Quran and Tafseer was established in 1999 in the Faculty of Arabic and Islamic Studies to meet the educational needs of masses at various levels ranging from Metric to Ph. D focusing on research based programs in the field of Quran and Tafseer. The Department has started functioning with the appointment of Dr. Abdul Hameed Khan Abbasi as Assistant Professor from 10 February 2001. From then on, the Department is presenting many valuable course books and producing scholars in the field of Islamic studies with specialization in Quran and Tafseer. The Department had offering MA, M.Phil & Ph.D Islamic studies with specialization in Quran & Tafseer in 2013 and produced many course books and study guides for these programmes. At present the department.
Programmes being offered
1. B.S Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)
2. M.A Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)
3. M.Phil Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)
4. Ph.D Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)
| Objectives :
|| • To Promotion of Quranic and Tajweed Sciences.
• To conduct advance researches on the different
aspects of Quranic Sciences.
• To equip the students with understanding of Holy
Quran and its Sciences.
• To prepare the Textbooks for Metric to PhD level
• To organize National and International
Workshops/Seminars/Conferences on Tajweed
and Quranic Sciences.
| Future Plans :
|| 1. Certificate Course in Tajweed Sciences.
2. International Quran Conference 2020.
3. Establishment of online Quranic Education.
|Academic Facilities :
|Postal Address :
||Room No. 108, Block No 12, Faculty of Arabic & Islamic Studies, Allama Iqbal Open University, Sector H-8, Islamabad
||9057787, 9057870, 9057269,
|Staff Members :
||Staff Members Details
M.phil Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)
Ph.D Islamic Studies (Quran & Tafseer)